Candle Care

  • When lighting a candle for the first time, it's important to allow the wax to melt all the way to the edges of the jar to avoid wasted wax and fragrance.

  • Trim the wick to approximately 1/4” each time before relighting. Doing this will allow the candle to burn at a safe temperature.
  • Burn your candle on a solid, flat, heat-resistant surface in a draft free area away from pets, children and flammable material as the glass may become very hot.

  • Never extinguish a burning candle with water. Wax and water do not mix. Putting water on a lit candle can make the flame grow larger. The reaction is like putting water on a grease fire in the kitchen; the fire can increase uncontrollably.

  • Never move a burning candle. Ensure that the candle is extinguished, wax is solid and jar is cold before handling.
  • Stop using your candle when approximately 2 cm of wax remains in the jar to avoid potential fire hazard or cracking of your jar.
  • Never leave a burning candle unattended. Extinguish all candles before leaving a room or going to sleep.
  • Soy candles are sensitive to temperature and sunlight. Store your candles in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. 
  • Once your candle solidifies after burning, it may have a rippled and rustic look - don’t worry! This is completely normal due to the characteristics of natural soy wax. Soy candles allow for cleaner burns and are better for our earth!